Pornography, human feces and marijuana in SBCC crime log

Maxton Schulte, Channels Staff

March 5 — 8:45 a.m.

The Security Office received a notice regarding a female City College student threatening another female student via text message off-campus. “If you even look at me in school you’ll get socked in the f***ing face and I don’t give a sh*t if I get expelled,” read the female’s threat. Security has spoken to the student, informing her that she cannot return to campus until she has met with the dean.

March 5 — 4:30 p.m.

A male former City College student, 50, was caught viewing pornography on the first floor of the Luria Library. Two students and a librarian witnessed the man viewing the inappropriate content on the computers and immediately informed security. For the rest of the day, the man was not permitted on campus.

March 7 — 7:50 a.m.

An unidentified individual triggered City College’s alarm system Tuesday evening in the Business Communication building. The Security Office was notified, but neither custodians nor Security witnessed anything unusual at the time of the call. The following morning, however, an instructor and students discovered human feces in the trash can and a 1-ounce bottle of liquor and some cigarettes on the floor of Business Communication Room 101. Security believes that an individual entered after 10 p.m. when the building closes but before custodians officially locked the doors.

March 7 — 1:20 p.m.

A minor vehicle accident between a student and an instructor occurred at the corner of Cliff Drive and the Main Campus entrance. The traffic disruption was minor, and there were no physical injuries except for minor damage on the two vehicles.

March 7 — 2:45 p.m.

The Security Office was notified by a male City College student who experienced a vehicle hit-and-run by another male student off-campus near the Blenders parking lot on the Mesa. The former student had followed the latter student to campus parking lot 5-3 while continuously honking and yelling to get his attention. When Security arrived, the student slapped the suspected student with the back of his hand and Security proceeded to inform the police. Both students were interviewed when the officers arrived, but neither student pressed charges against the other.

March 7 — 10:15 p.m.

A City College custodian witnessed a burglary attempt on the second floor of the Business Communication building in room Business Communication Room 301 Wednesday evening. The male suspect was fiddling with an overhead projector and fled the building when the custodian entered the room. He was identified as the same individual who slept in the Drama/Music building Feb. 22 and has been seen using the campus’ computers both in the morning and at night.

March 8 — 11:03 a.m.

Security caught a male City College student smoking medical marijuana out of a pipe just outside of parking structure 5-1. The student was very cooperative after being informed by the security officer that no drugs or paraphernalia are permitted on campus, and no charges were pressed.