Suspect spits in SBCC student’s face, challenging him to fight

KYLE SHIPE, Channels Staff

Feb. 11- 3:40 p.m.

A male student spit in the face of another male student near the East Campus entrance. The victim said the suspect challenged him to a fight by saying, “I’m going to knock your teeth out.” The victim identified the suspect as a former friend of his and reported him to the dean of student discipline. He also filed a report with the Santa Barbara Police Department and is pressing charges for assault. The suspect admitted to spitting in the victim’s face but denied trying to fight him.

Feb. 12- 10:00 p.m.

A green Subaru was broken into while parked in lot 2-C near the main entrance to La Playa Stadium. When the victim returned to his car the passenger-side window was smashed and his wallet was stolen. A total of $400, along with his identification, Social Security card, checks and vehicle registration were taken. He filed a report with the police department and they are looking into the incident.

Feb. 17- 4:00 p.m.

A male student called another male student the racial slur, “brown boy.” The victim did not know the student but was later able to identify him by description and the suspect has been referred to the dean of student discipline.

Feb. 17- 9:10 a.m.

A former City College student was seen by security drinking a 40-ounce beer at the bottom of the stairs that lead to Pershing Park. When security asked the man to leave he did without further incident. No charges were filed and the police were not called to respond to the incident.