Four cases of theft on campus reported in this week’s crimes


Rian Noel Pitts-Lopez, Staff Writer

Sept. 18 — Between 3:10 p.m. and 3:15 p.m.

A student at Schott Campus reported his bike was stolen after leaving it unlocked for about five minutes. It was a blue Schwinn with a white tire wall in the back, a black tire in the front and an attached speaker. The student was advised to make a police report.

Sept. 18 — Between 3:50 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.

Security was contacted after East Campus Cafeteria employees saw a male student take a Gatorade and a Muscle Milk from the refrigerator, stash them in his backpack and leave without paying. Security made contact with the student on the bridge as he headed to West Campus. The student cooperated with Security and confessed to taking the drinks. Both drinks were returned unopened to the cafeteria and the student was referred to the Dean.

Sept. 19  — Between Sept. 17 – 12:30 p.m. and Sept. 19 – 11:00 a.m.

A student reported his belongings had been stolen from his locker in the P.E. Men’s Locker Room. The locker contained blue Lebron James basketball shoes valued at $140. He discovered they were missing on Sept. 19 after having last seen them on Sept. 17. The student said he might have left his locker unlocked but he left it in such a way that it looked like it was locked.

Sept. 20 — 8:20 a.m.

A staff member reported a student sleeping inside the La Playa Stadium concession stand. The student told the staff member he was homeless and was trying to find a place to spend the night. The staff member found a City College student I.D. on top of one of the counters and wrote down the I.D. number and the student’s name. The I.D. card belonged to the person sleeping. When Security entered the concession stand the student was gone and a number of drink and snack items had been eaten. The safe in the concession stand had also been tampered with and damaged. Security later made contact with the student in the Student Services building and brought the student to the Dean’s Office. The Santa Barbara Police Department was also called, met with the student and made a report.